Friday, November 23, 2018

Post 8: Personal Opinions


Hi blogger! How are you? I hope you having a good week. Today is the last day of English class!, therefore this is my last post…
The theme of this blog has been choose by me, and I want to talk you about the Chilean cinema. Chile is a country where to dedicate to be an artist- for example musician, filmmaker, painter or actor- is very difficult, because our society is bassed on a neoliberal system, where the most important (and maybe the only thing) object is to make money. Therefore, the incentive and support to the art since the government is very poor.
Despite the difficulties, in Chile are a lot of very good artists, who have managed to stand out thanks to their personal effort. An example of this is the filmmakers of “Historia de un oso”, who won the first Oscar for Chile. However, this is an exceptional case, because the most of artist fail to develop their art, and it’s not for lack of talent, but it is due to the poor artistic culture that Chilean society has.
On the other hand, I want to tell you something that I think is unfair about Chilean cinema. If you pay attention, in Netflix are some movies from Chile, but there are nefarious films, and they don’t deserve to be on said platform. I’m convinced that this happened because the filmmakers are friend of the correct people…
By last, I invite you to support the Chilean artists, by going to watch their films, going to concerts of Chilean musicians, giving a money to the street performer, going to theater, and above all respecting their art and lifestyle, because you have to be very brave to be an artist in this country.
Well, that was my last post, and I hope that you think about this theme…  Bye bloggers, I see you in another life! Haha.

2 comments:

  1. This is so true, we as chilean citizens need to support our artist more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chilean movies on netflix are so bad :(

    ReplyDelete

Post 8: Personal Opinions

Hi blogger! How are you? I hope you having a good week. Today is the last day of English class!, therefore this is my last post… The the...